Founded in 1974, the Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington (KCSC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting Asian American low-income families and individuals residing in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area through social services, education, advocacy and development of resources.
One unpaid internship position is available in KCSC’s Development department.
• Work with development team to create innovative and effective funding/marketing strategies, especially using social media and other online tools.
• Assist with development and management of donor database.
• Research funding prospects, identify potential funding opportunities, and help to secure new funding for agency’s social services programs.
• Highly motivated, positive attitude, and willingness to show initiative.
• Fluency in English (written and verbal) is essential.
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Interest in the field of philanthropy, fundraising, marketing and/or nonprofit management.
• Interest in social services, health and mental health services, or immigration a plus.
To apply for this internship, please send the following application materials VIA EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com. Specify “Development Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
• Cover letter, stating your interests and qualifications
• Brief 1-page writing sample
• Resume or C.V.
• Two references (names and contact information only)
This internship is offered every spring, summer, and fall semester. The deadlines are as follows:
• Spring: Last day to apply is December 31, Internship begins in January
• Early Summer: Last day to apply is April 30, Internship begins in May
• Late Summer: Last day to apply is June 30, Internship begins in July
• Fall: Last day to apply is August 31, Internship begins in September
Internships require a minimum 8-week and 15 hours per week commitment. The internship is located at the KCSC headquarters in Annandale, VA.
Please make a generous donation to help those in need!
The funds raised through our love-sharing campaign will be used to provide urgently needed food support for individuals and families severely impacted by COVID-19. Your participation will make sure our neighbors won’t go hungry during this time of crisis.