Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington is seeking sincere, enthusiastic, and qualified individuals to join the KCSC team. All applicants should be Korean/English bilingual or Chinese/English bilingual (depending on the requirements of the position) and have a good understanding of the role and work of US non-profit charitable organizations.
1. Financial Assistant (VA) (Part Time-20hr/wk)
Assist the Financial Specialist including:
- Record keeping of KCSC income, expenses, and balances
- Timely and accurate organizational Income/Expense Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statements per program and consolidated
- Timely and accurate fulfillment of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Timely completion of payroll transactions and transmittal
- Responsible for fulfillment of payroll tax and other tax reporting
- Bank deposits and filing daily cash receipts
- Prepare documentation for annual audit
- Work with Management and Development Team to develop and modify agency-wide and programmatic budgets
- Prepare KCSC proposal budgets for both new and continuation applications
- Responsible for cost analysis of expenses, including utilities, telephone, pension and insurances and periodically make recommendations for cost
- reduction/containment of those expenses
- Assist in preparing invoices for current contracts
- Ensure up-to- date maintenance of financial and contract related files
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- One year of experience with bookkeeping and computerized accounting services is preferred
- Ability to perform day-to- day analysis of the organization’s finances and identify fiscal problems and issues, as needed.
- Experience with computer systems networking, including trouble shooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Knowledge of non-profit organization/program budget development.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to work with teams.
*Salaries are commensurate with experience
*KCSC is an equal opportunity employer
*Please send resumes with Cover letter to: Pyowook Han at firstname.lastname@example.org