Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington is seeking sincere, enthusiastic, and qualified individuals to join the KCSC team. All applicants should be Korean/English bilingual or Chinese/English bilingual (depending on the requirements of the position) and have a good understanding of the role and work of US non-profit charitable organizations.
The following positions are available at KCSC’s Virginia Annandale Office
- Youth Project Coordinator (part-time)
-Coordinate the volunteer placement services
-Responsible for initial intake and need assessment for teens participating in volunteer opportunity placement services
-Network with other participating agencies for volunteer placement services
-Plan and conduct motivational seminars
-Conduct outreach for community resources
-Facilitate skill/competency-building internship for students
-Recruit students to participate in the internship opportunities.
-Monitor students to facilitate greater retention on internships.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in social service, education, psychology, social work, or related human service fields
2. 2-3 years of experience in working with teenager groups, training in specific skill, equivalent combinations, or related experience will be preferred.
3. Excellent writing and oral communication skills
4. Knowledge of Asian/Korean American youth and bilingual proficiency (both verbal and written fluency) is preferred.
- English Instructor (4 hours a week – part time)
Teaching language skills within the context of career readiness and high-demand fields.
– Planning, organizing and preparing classes, including developing lesson plans
– Developing learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
– Instructing ESL classes to groups of up to 7 students using a variety of active and engaging teaching strategies/learning activities and student assessment methods
– Demonstrating flexibility in meeting students’ changing requirements as conditions may require over time.
– Salary: $20/hour
– Associate’s Degree in a related field (ESL, English, Literature, Journalism, Primary Education, Secondary Education, International Relations, and others)
– Or TEFL or TESOL certificate.
– 1+ years of ESL teaching experience are preferred.
*Salaries are commensurate with experience
*KCSC is an equal opportunity employer
*Please send resumes with Cover letter to: Pyowook Han at firstname.lastname@example.org