KCSC provides comprehensive social services to low-to-moderate income individuals and families to promote self-sufficiency and be contributing community members.
In order for the clients to access appropriate services, bi-lingual staff members assist them every step of the process from gathering required information, to filing applications and following up.
KCSC provides comprehensive social services five days a week at our main office in Annandale, VA and at our branch office in Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, and Ellicott City, MD.
KCSC is funded by the National Council on Aging (NCOA) to serve eligible Medicare beneficiaries, which include 65+ seniors and adults, aged 21-64, who are living with disabilities.
– Eligibility is based on the individual’s income and resource guidelines.
This program’s goal is to help Medicare beneficiaries enroll into at least one of five “core benefits”, including:
– Medicare Part D Extra Help (Low Income Subsidy – LIS)
– Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
– SNAP and/or LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
* For this program, KCSC has partnered with the Chinese Culture and Community Service Center (CCACC) and the Association for Vietnamese Americans (AVA) enabling KCSC’s BEC to serve and provide bilingual and bicultural services to Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese Medicare beneficiaries.
Many elderly Asians are isolated and lack access to benefits such as SNAP. A lack of awareness of available services and resources, limited English proficiency, and significant cultural barriers cause many immigrants to underutilize crucial public benefits for which they are eligible. Misinformation about eligibility criteria, privacy concerns, and insecurities about immigration status are also major obstacles to accessing SNAP.
KCSC’s Senior SNAP service provides ongoing critically needed community outreach and education to counter misinformation and help those who are in need and eligible to enroll in SNAP and reduce their food insecurity.
KCSC provides housing counseling services through our First Time Homebuyers Program.
The goal is to help clients understand the steps needed to purchase a house successfully.
– Educational seminars
– One-on-one counseling
– Budget/financial analysis
– Housing analysis
– Discussion of alternatives
– Development of an action plan
– Follow-up services
* The service is free of charge for residents in Northern Virginia area, including Fairfax County, Arlington County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, and the City of Alexandria.
KCSC’s Job Readiness Project is designed for Asian American job seekers who wish to increase their job readiness skills and know-how to equip them for employment in the metro DC area and help them plan for a US-based career.
The goal is to help participants improve their skills prior to (and after) employment.
– Career seminars
– Job preparation workshops
– Individual job counseling
– Job readiness English classes and computer classes
KCSC is a non-profit organization with a mission to assist and empower Asian Americans and new immigrants in the metropolitan DC area.
7700 Little River Tnpk. Suite 406
Annandale, VA 22003
© 2024 Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington All Rights Reserved.